Film director Jung Byung-gil has opened his first-ever solo exhibition in Busan, unveiling some 30 paintings from the early years of his career, which highlight his artistic inspiration beyond the world of cinema.
The exhibition, “Freedom. Dream. Movie,” opened at the Start Plus gallery in Busan on Sunday, coinciding with the 2023 Busan International Film Festival. Some of Jung's works at the exhibition hint at the contents of the director’s upcoming film, including the narrative of characters in the movie.
After making his debut with the documentary film “We are Actors” in 2008, Jung directed action-thriller films that include “Confession of Murder,” “The Villainess” and “Carter.”
- LG Display to cut jobs in cost
- 尹 보선 첫 반응 "선거 결과서 교훈 찾아, 지혜롭게 변화를"
- Samsung owns largest No. of Israeli subsidiaries among S. Korean conglomerates: report
- Gwanghwamun's 'woldae' to be unveiled this week after restoration
- GC Biopharma breaks ground for Indonesia’s first blood products plant
- [Herald Interview] Indonesia's Aladin Bank CEO eyes digital banking partnerships with Korea
- KT & G to build new tobacco plant in Kazakhstan
- South Korean oil payments for Iran frozen again over Hamas links